Our alarmÂ system
Story of the place
On this island was one of the most important and most beautiful castles of Aunis. At the begining of the 15th century, the lordship of Saint Christophe belonged to the lords of Mareuil and Montbron. Then it was taken overÂ by the viscount de Rochechouart before becoming, in 1476, property of family Furgonâ€¦ It is in this old base still surrounded by moats, with two towers, that a new house was erected in the 19th century, with a roof of slates. The castle stood in a meadow, further west, forming a vast polygonal enclosure surrounded by moats and towers which three of the sides were occupied by main buildings.